National Cup Series
For the 2017/18 season, the USSMA will hold a National Cup Series.
The National Cup Series will consist of a small subset of races that are meant to showcase the sport and promote its growth. The concept is to attract as many participants as possible to compete in each of the series races in an attempt to earn the top ranking of combined race performances. At the end of the season, the USSMA will provide award medals to the top 3 male and female athletes for Individual, Sprint, and Vertical races.
Race organizers will be able to apply for USSMA sanctioning and inclusion in the National Cup Series. Race applicants will need to meet a majority of requirements set forth by the USSMA and follow governing race rules.
Tentative Schedule of Races:
- Dec 1st: Eldora, CO -Vertical
- Dec 2nd: Eldora, CO – Individual
- Dec 2nd: Eldora, CO – Sprint
- Feb 2nd: Sante Fe, NM – Vertical
- Feb 3rd: Sante Fe, NM – Individual
- Feb 3rd: Taos, NM – Sprint
- Feb 4th: Taos, NM – Teams
- Feb 23rd: Powder Keg, UT – Sprint
- Feb 24th: Powder Keg, UT – Individual
- Feb 25th: Powder Keg, UT – Teams