Who’s ready for the winter skimo season?!?!
I’m going to keep this communication short and sweet and encourage you to check out information on the new website.
That’s right, you heard me NEW WEBSITE!
2017/18 Online Membership / license sign up NOW OPEN
– Starting this season an annual membership / license will be required. $40
– Please read details and SIGN UP here!
Announcing the 2017/18 US National Race Cup Series
– Race disciplines include: Sprint, Vertical, Teams
– Eldora, Sante Fe, Taos, Powder Keg, and ?
– See Cup details and line up here!
USSMA Fundraising & Partners
– The USSMA needs funding in order to operate as a national governing body and support the sport in the US.
– If you know of a company, organization, or person that would like to partner with or sponsor the USSMA, please email email@example.com.
Board / Bylaws:
I mentioned in the Fall Update that we have new bylaws. With this we will be establishing some new committees. I’d like to begin with the Nominating and Governance Committee and Athlete Advisory Committee. Please see information below about the committees and email me directly if you have interest in being considered as a member for either. firstname.lastname@example.org
Nominating and Governance Committee
– The Nominating and Governance Committee shall be selected by existing board to begin.
– Made up of President, 1 other board member, 1 independent, 1 athlete, 1 other individual.
– 4 year terms.
– Role: Select board additions, consult with Ethics committee.
– Candidates should be interested in long term USSMA initiatives and growth.
Athlete Advisory Committee
– Committee members are elected by current USSMA member athletes.
– Committee members vote to elect the Chair.
– 5 members.
– 4 year term.
– Role: responsible for broadening communication between the USOC and active athletes, and serves as a source of input and advice to the organization’s board of directors.
– Candidates should be active participating race athletes in the US.
Here’s to a great season!