The season has started!
The Race Calendar is up to date with races we’ve been informed of.
Abasin Worlds Qualifiers:
The first national/worlds team qualifier races will take place on Dec 14/15. The youth clinic will take place on Dec 16.
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN. NO REG ON SATURDAY for the Individual race – must reg no later than Fri at 3:30pm.
2018-19 Membership License Required – Get it now, you’ll need it to register!
Friday 12/14 Vertical Race https://ussma.org/events/
Saturday 12/15 Individual Race https://ussma.org/events/
Sudnay 12/16 Youth Clinic https://ussma.org/events/ussma-ismf-youth-camp-free-abasin-co/
Course maps and gear info have been updated on the above ussma race web pages!
Abasin Race Designations…
- USSMA Worlds Team Qualifier Race
- USSMA National Cup Series Race
- ISMF Pan American Cup Series
- RECREATION / FUN – THIS RACE IS OPEN TO ANYONE!!! There is a short course for the rec division.
Race COSMIC is the official Race Organizer and will be working closely with USSMA, ISMF, and Abasin.
Abasin Tentative Race Schedule…
- Fri Dec 14th – Vertical Race
- 2-3:30pm On site registration
- 3:30pm Mandatory Racer meeting
- 4:30pm Women / 4:40pm Men Vertical Race start
- 6pm Awards / Mandatory racer meeting for Sat Individual race
- Sat Dec 15th – Individual Race
- 5:45-6:45am On site check in (NO DAY OF REG)
- 6:30am Mandatory Racer meeting (15mins)
- 7am Individual Race start
- 12pm Awards
**The individual race will be technical and include multiple boot packs and one VIA FERRATA section.
- Sun Dec 16th – USSMA/ISMF Youth Development Clinic >>>FREE<<<
- 7-9am On site check in / registration
- 9-11am On hill clinic
- 11am-1pm Indoor video review and lunch
- 1-4pm On hill clinic
Do you have a 2018-2019 Membership and License yet?! Be sure to get one or renew yours soon! You must renew your membership each season. You will also get a NEW license number for the season. Membership revenue will help the USSMA grow the sport of Ski Mountaineering Racing in the US. Thanks for your support!
You asked and we listened! We have been working on adding value to memberships. We currently have seven coaching companies and three gear companies willing to participate and offer member discounts.