President – Ram Mikulas (Current term ends June 30th, 2020)
Vice President – Jerimy Arnold (Current term ends June 30th, 2022)
Treasurer – Jonathan Shefftz (Current term ends June 30th, 2022)
Secretary – Jon Lowe (Current term ends June 30th, 2020)
Director – Nikki LaRochelle (Current term ends June 30th, 2022)
Director – Katie Burbank (Current term ends June 30th, 2022)
Director – Milan Kubala (Current term ends June 30th, 2020)
Director – Jason Staberg (Current term ends June 30th, 2020)
Director – Jim Moore (Current term ends June 30th, 2020)
- Nominating & Governance – Ram Mikulas
- Ethics – Jerimy Arnold
- Financial – Jonathan Shefftz
- Judicial – Brad LaRochelle
- Athlete Advisory – Milan Kubla
- Race – Tim Zander
- Development / Fundraising – Jason Staberg
- Membership – Katie Burbank
- Sport & Performance – Joe Howdyshell
- Marketing – Michela Adrian
- Worlds – OPEN for the 2020/21 Season
USSMA Strategic Plan
Below is a summary of the approved USSMA Strategic Plan.
The United States Ski Mountaineering Association is committed to the sustained growth of the sport through competitive excellence.
The mission of the United States Ski Mountaineering Association (USSMA) shall be to promote and grow the sport of Ski Mountaineering Racing in the United States. The USSMA sanctions and governs competitive ski mountaineering racing in the US and promotes and fosters recreational ski mountaineering through access, resources, education and community. It also endeavors to enable United States athletes to achieve competitive excellence in the sport of ski mountaineering.
The USSMA is inspired by the following ideals in all sport contexts. Our values guide our behaviors.
- Integrity through honesty and respect for fair play
- Teamwork through coordinated effort to utilize individual capabilities
- Tradition through respect for the history of the sport
- Relationships through sustained personal interactions, competition, and social engagements
- Spirit through embracing the ski mountaineering community through experiences
STRATEGIC FOCUS (GOALS & OBJECTIVES): Each area has a number of associated goals and objectives.
Governance – Position USSMA structure to run as a Non-Profit National Governing Body and become the Registered Sports Organization and future NGB of the US Olympic Committee.
Financial Sustainability – Generate revenue and develop business in order to become fiscally stable and support the growth, sanctioning, and athletic competition initiatives. Increase annual gross revenue of USSMA.
Grow the Sport – Program Development, awareness and recruitment; intro clinics for youth, female, adult combined.
Increase Athletic Performance – Achieve consistent international competitive success and maintain and strengthen the depth of talent in the USA; Achieve sustained competitive excellence on the field of play; Build up athlete pool; advanced youth clinics & programs.