The USSMA is pleased to publish the 2018 Points and Rankings System. The USSMA Points List is based on the ISMF World Cup Point classification as outlined in Section 2.1 of the “ISMF Sporting and Ranking Rules”. The goal of the Points List is to provide an accurate measurement tool for competitors’ results.
The points and ranking system is described in the 2018 USSMA POINTS RULES.
Point List Purpose:
- To rank competitors according to their performances.
- To ensure events are rated accordingly (HC-2) to the quality of the course and competitors entered, thereby providing a uniform ranking system for all results within USSMA events.
- To encourage competitors to compete in an as many USSMA events as possible.
- To encourage event promoters to improve quality of their course.
For the 2018 season, all competitors will be REQUIRED to obtain a USSMA license. Membership license’s are available to purchase online. The license is used to identify you as a racer and will be required on registrations for events if you are in the race/elite category. In future years a fee may be required to help pay for the administering of the points system and licenses.
2017/2018 USSMA Points Races
- Indian Peaks (Eldora)
- Powder Keg
- Ken Jones Classic -North American Championships (Lake Louise, AB)
Category 1 Races
- Heathen Challenge
- Power of Four (Aspen)
- Wolf Creek
Category 2 Races
- Black Mountain Winter Skimo Classic (Maine)
- The Beast (Berkshire East)
- Homewood Bound
- The Sun (Bromley)
- The Magic (Magic Mtn)
- The Bolt (Greylock)
- Something Bigger (Sunday River)
Current Season Points Results:
Past Points Results: